Terramycin/LA 200 mg/ml Solution for Injection is a solution of oxytetracycline specially formulated to give long acting effect when given by intramuscular injection.
- For the treatment and control of pasteurellosis and pneumonia caused by oxytetracycline sensitive organisms
- As an aid in the treatment of infectious bovine keratoconjunctivitis (New Forest Disease), due to oxytetracycline sensitive strains of Moraxella bovis.
- The product may also be of value for foul-in-the-foot.
- For the treatment of pneumonia caused by Pasteurella.
- For the control of enzootic abortion and pneumonia caused by oxytetracycline-sensitive organisms.
- As an aid in the treatment of foot rot, acute severe mastitis and infectious ovine keratoconjunctivitis (pink-eye).
Dosage & Administration
For long acting effect Terramcyin/LA should be given by deep intramuscular injection at 1 ml per 10 kg bodyweight.
- In cattle not more than 10 ml,
- In sheep and pigs not more than 5 ml to be given at any one site.
- In pigs weighing less than 10 kg a 1 ml dose should be used.
Meat & Offal
- Animals must not be slaughtered for human consumption during treatment.
- Cattle and pigs may be slaughtered for human consumption only after 36 days from the last treatment.
- Sheep may be slaughtered for human consumption only after 24 days from the last treatment.
- Milk for human consumption must not be taken from cows during treatment.
- Milk for human consumption may only be taken from cows after 7 days from the last treatment.
- Not for use in ewes producing milk for human consumption.